Teeth Whitening: Do This, not That!
- Posted on: Mar 15 2017
Millions of people around the world regularly see their dentist for treatments that enhance the beauty and health of their smile. Teeth whitening has been a popular method of cosmetic treatment for many years, and it continues to be one of the leading reasons for dental visits. We are happy to provide this service for patients of our Wellseley cosmetic dentistry practice. Here, we will discuss some of the foods and beverages you will want to avoid after we have brought out the radiance of your smile, as well as what you can do to keep your teeth bright.
- Have your teeth whitened by your dentist. This doesn’t have to mean in-office care. Home whitening systems provided in the dental office are also properly concentrated to get fast results.
- Eat foods that build strong enamel, such as dairy products.
- Make sure you do not have the dry mouth! Saliva is the #1 way that teeth get remineralized, and mineral content is crucial for nice, white teeth.
- Consume citrus fruits and juices after teeth whitening. This will make saliva more acidic and damage to enamel.
- Drink red wine. This is very important for the first 48 hours after teeth whitening (and important to know if you whiten at home!). When the pores of teeth are more exposed during the whitening process, stains can more easily settle, counteracting the intent.
- Like red wine, dark foods and beverages like coffee, beets, tea, and berries can more easily stain teeth during the whitening process and in the first 2 days after.
- Use tobacco. If you use tobacco products, you have many reasons to quit. Keeping your smile in the best cosmetic and physical shape is just one more to consider.
Health & Beauty Dental cares about your desire for a healthy, attractive smile. We are offering a special on Zoom! In-Office Teeth whitening, and we invite you to check it out. Contact our office at (781) 772-1646 for more information on our teeth whitening treatment options, and for a convenient appointment time.
Posted in: Teeth Whitening